Harambee Stars drew 1-1 in their friendly match with Uganda Cranes at the Kasarani Stadium on Sunday in what was the perfect example of a game of two halves.

Harambee Stars were not at the races from the first minute especially in defense where Gor Mahia defender Joash Onyango was having a torrid time. It was his mistake that led to Uganda’s first shot on target from Okwi after Joash had passed the ball to him just outside the box.

The home team was trying to build play from the back but the plan was a suicidal one. One instance saw the Cranes win the ball back inside Kenya’s box and after some quick short passing, a thunderous shot hit the post with Matasi well beaten.

Harambee Stars backline was being cut open at will and the pressure eventually bore fruits midway through the first half. KCB captain Micheal Kibwage was turned inside out on the edge of his own box and the ball was nonchalantly fed to Emmanuel Okwi inside the area.

The Cranes captain showed great composure to beat Joash Onyango in a tight space, he left the Gor Mahia center back on the floor before cooly slotting the ball past Patrick Matasi to give the visitors a lead their dominance merited. A beautiful goal from a Ugandan perspective but in truth, it was made a bit easy by Kenya’s comical defending.

Most of Kenya’s good work going forward came from lively winger Ayub Timbe who was a constant threat to the Ugandan backline but without adequate support.

Francis Kimanzi hooked off the ineffective Collins Agade for AFC Leopard’s Wyvonne Isuza with five minutes still left to play in the first half.

The second half saw a completely revitalized and more focused Harambee Stars team. The team was more settled with the ball and slowly but surely was creating chances.

Eric Ouma drove from the left, beat two Ugandan players before playing in Ayube Timbe who low crossed the ball to the Kenneth Muguna who calmly placed the ball into the net for the equalizer.

Micheal Olunga was guilty of wasting two golden chances for Kenya. First, an over the top ball from Muguna was misjudged by the Ugandan backline and Muguna was one on one with the keeper but his feeble shot was well saved.

Olunga was again fed by Timbe moments later but he completely miss kicked the ball when any contact would surely have resulted in a goal for Kenya. In the end, a draw was a fair result for both teams.